- Timer jobs failing to complete
- Receiving errors running psconfig
Caches configuration information (stored in the config database) on each server in the farm. If corruption occurs the issues described above are likely the result.
- Start->Administrative Tools->Services
- Windows SharePoint Timer v3.0 -> Stop
- Delete all the XML files from the directory
- Do NOT Delete the .INI File
- Open the cache.ini using Notepad and set the number to 1.
- Save this file and close Notepad
- Do NOT open and edit the cache.ini with WordPad
- Recycle the Windows SharePoint Administration Service
- Restart the Windows SharePoint Timer Service
- You should see XML Files reappear in the cache directory
- Note: Perform this on the server experiencing the issue. Most likely it doesn’t have to be performed on all servers.
Post a Comment